Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:28:31 AM EDT
Is there any type of  mount made for the Paq-4c to mount the top of a RAS II and still be able to use the paddle switch and guard? The kit came with a mount that works, but the paddle switch has to be flipped over in the off position.

Thanks for your time.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm having the same issue using a Larue mount for a PAQ4C.  If anyone has any input, it would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a problem with the PAQ4C design. The unit was designed for a standard heat sheild adapter. I believe the KAC mount raises the unit about 1/4". I sold mine, but seem to remember it being a tad "higher" than the usgc mount.

If the rail covers are your problem, you can try milling-out the paddle "shape" on your cover.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I ended up using a 4 rib panel in the front and a 3 rib in the back. I had to shave the top corner off the rear panel. It looks alot like the photo and works great.

My only concern is accidental activation while working on the rifle and catching the beam in the eye. Or, activation while in the case, running the battery down.

I really like not having a cord and pressure switch, but wish this had the older style "on" light in the back and some type of safety on/off switch for people using the paddle.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top