Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 2:15:39 PM EDT
Hey all just want to ask what the internal diameter (in MOA) of the horseshoe is. Thanks

I am comparing it to the Vortex DRT that I have, which has 44 MOA on the inner ring.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey all just want to ask what the internal diameter (in MOA) of the horseshoe is. Thanks

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1976/30356403247_f99a9fe1b2_z.jpg

I am comparing it to the Vortex DRT that I have, which has 44 MOA on the inner ring.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/sub_spf_1x_drt_moa-t.jpg
View Quote

@PA_Mike

That should help.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks PA_Mike. That's what I thought.

I hope PA comes up with another Prism version that's geared for the plinker crowd.

That inner donut ring on the Vortex makes it already busy for my plinking needs, and some I read on the interweb and people I meet on nthe range also have the same comment.

Something like a 65MOA circle and a dot in the middle will be nice.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
No doubt the cyclops is awesome especially for it's intended purpose. Why I want a 65MOA circle with a dot is for plinking, the larger  circle makes it easy to find the dot, while it's not too busy or obstructive when I want to shoot smaller things at the range, I can also use the same on my shotgun for home defense. That is just me though.

If only my eyes were as good as when I was young and I didn't have astigmatism, I could have settled with the holosun with a circle dot.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I just edited my answer...
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Edited: somehow never updated this page before this reply.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a circle dot reticle on my HD shotgun.  I use the large rings when firing at up-close, home defense distances.  Up close it is probably perfect.  Also, it is something to aim with rather than nothing and is not a tiny 1 MOA dot which is slower to acquire.  It makes for very fast aiming and shooting.

I use the dot for slugs.  Out to about 100 yards, my smooth bore is still fairly accurate with slugs (keeps them in the black).  The 1 MOA dot might be overkill but it definitely works at those longer ranges.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish someone would make one with a single bigger dot. I have the Spitfire AR and I’m not sure what all the circles are for. I’d rather have a 3-4 moa dot and maybe a thin circle.

On the vortex the dot is very small and precise but the thick circle makes it hard to use.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish someone would make one with a single bigger dot. I have the Spitfire AR and I’m not sure what all the circles are for. I’d rather have a 3-4 moa dot and maybe a think circle.

On the vortex the dot is very small and precise but the thick circle makes it hard to use.
View Quote
What? You're kidding right?
Thin outermost ring starts to draw your eye in without concentrating on it because it's so thin.

Thick middle donut/ring makes framing your target incredibly quick and easy.

The center dot is already 3moa, and gets lost without illumination quite easily on it's own, but not in conjunction with the concentric circles. It does appear smaller then 3moa though when not illuminated and allows for surprising precision for it's size.

I could see ditching the outermost ring, but the rest is a standard that everyone uses for a reason.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top