Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/8/2018 4:15:33 PM EDT
Trying to decide between a P4Xi 1x-4 or Burris 1-6x24 RT-6. I have a 5.56 SBR, 300 blk SBR w/ a RDS and a 16" rifle with a RCO. This will go a 14.5" rifle.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Tough one.  The Steiner is better made with better glass,  has daytime bright illumination.  I like the RT6's larger reticle.

The Steiner costs 50% more, but isn't 50% more scope.  If the $125-150  means much to you the RT6 isn't a bad optic
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I chose the RT6. They are less expensive so I can get more of them, 2x more magnification, lifetime warranty, nice glass, and will fulfil my needs perfectly fine. I don't kick in doors for a living.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The Burris is made in PI with probably Japanese glass.

The Steiner is made in 'Merica (supposedly in Colorado) with Schott glass and daylight illumination,

both are good price for their quality.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Both are good options. Personally, I went with the Steiner for the superior glass, simple reticle, and genuine daylight brightness.

My previous LPVO was 1-6 and I don't miss the extra two power magnification. Then again, I'm not taking shots at a distance that would stretch 4 power.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top