Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 10:47:54 AM EDT
How do you like yours? I'm thinking about getting the BCM 14.5 Middy with a perm. attached A2 2X and running a carry handle on it. Maybe a 1.5x ACOG on the carry handle later. Do you guys wish you had spent the extra cash on the comp or brake? Or are you extremely happy as is? I just want to be sure because I don't want to send the upper to ADCO later to replace the flash hider with a comp.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You could go with a 16" and be able to change it much easier if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot a few hundred rounds through mine with the A2X and I am more than satisfied. The recoil is still very light compared to other AR setups and the muzzle rise is easily controllable. It is an extremely obvious difference from a standard 16" middy. I don't see a huge need for a brake, especially when you consider how loud they are.  The only thing I may do down the road is add the BattleComp 1.5 because it is not nearly as loud as the FSC556. But I feel like I am shooting a super high power air rifle when I fire this rifle. For the lack of a better metaphor. Uh.. you'll like it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You could go with a 16" and be able to change it much easier if you don't like it.

I have considered that choice at length, but I am dead set at having a 14.5 middy (not only because their touted shootability, but its aesthetics as well). It was either a 14.5 SOCOM Carbine or the 14.5 Middy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the lightweight profile and A2X. I'm in the same boat. Everything I have read from others is that I chose wisely.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a BCM 14.5 middy with a surefire brake on it.

At 5 yards within 2 seconds, I can get about 9-10 rounds off in the center circle of an idpa target cold with a brake.

With a flash hider, I can get about 6 cold, 7...maybe 8 once I'm warmed up, but at 8 I'm reaching my failure point nearly 50% of the time and pulling 1 out.

I run brakes now on everything.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I run a 5C2 Phantom permed  on 14.5"my BCM  carbine and a Vortex on a 16" Middy.
Never cared for Comps or brakes as there obnoxious and loud and never made me shoot better... only good technique and practice does that...

don't fall into the "Muzzlebreak/comp of the month club"
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I run my 14.5 middy with the A2. No issues with followup shots, although I have seen some good video comparisons with various breaks that look to be quite effective. I have no regrets with the standard A2.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I had my 9 year old shoot my 14.5 middy today free-standing... Tells how light the recoil is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really hoping BCM will offer the battle comp 1.5 as an option when it comes out. Thats what i would go with.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I run a 5C2 Phantom permed  on 14.5"my BCM  carbine and a Vortex on a 16" Middy.
Never cared for Comps or brakes as there obnoxious and loud and never made me shoot better... only good technique and practice does that...

don't fall into the "Muzzlebreak/comp of the month club"

If I were to buy a BCM 14.5" mid (which I probably will), I'd most likely opt for a Phantom as well.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm really hoping BCM will offer the battle comp 1.5 as an option when it comes out. Thats what i would go with.

The wait is almost over.
BC 1.5 in the raw:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wait is almost over.
BC 1.5 in the raw:
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/NVCapCop/bc15.jpg
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/NVCapCop/bce15.jpg

Good news got a BCM 14.5 sitting here waiting for it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#13]
My BCM lightweight middy with the perm A2X is in with Santa Brown!  Hope he delivers this week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#14]
14.5" White Oak middy w/ permanent Smith Vortex Bi-Lock.  I absolutely love the
Vortex.  I spent alot of money on "brakes" in the past and I hated them.  I could not
stand the side blast and or the noise.  I wouldn't ever go back, and now I get to use
a suppressor on it because I chose to permanently attach the proper flash hider.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking about waiting for the BC 1.5 as people on the web seem to think it's extremely likely that BCM will start offering them on uppers. Unfortunately, money is an issue (college student) and I think I'd rather spend the money on a Geissele SSA.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I run the Vltor fh with a Spike's ST-2 buffer and it's very controllable.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top