Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:56:08 PM EDT
I have an AR that shoots too far in one direction and I have to overcompensate with alot of windage adjustment. The upper has true M4 feedramps and they line up perfectly. Could the cause of this still be an overtorqued barrel? Or is it more likely that I have an out of spec FSB? Any help would be apreaciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar issue.. I have an old LM contract upper which has a bit larger than normal slot for the index pin.. Some side to side wiggle..Bbl. is not overtorqued but I suspect that in the past one may have been...Doesnt really bother me too much on this gun...Ill eventually replace the upper anyway..
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
How much are you considering “a lot”?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How much are you considering “a lot”?

hmmm probably 10-20 clicks, Im at college and I dont have the upper on hand to look at, the tacked thread inspired me to ask. I have a few clicks left for adjustment but not alot. I figured because the feedramps line up that the barrel might be alighned and its just a FSB issue?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem. When I measured the front sight post in relation to the sight wings, It was out of spec several hundreths. Once I replaced the FSB, the rifle shot straight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had the same problem. When I measured the front sight post in relation to the sight wings, It was out of spec several hundreths. Once I replaced the FSB, the rifle shot straight.

good deal, I think ill try replacing the FSB, it needs a F marked base anyway to be "proper". Plus thats alot easier then removing the barrel.

ETA anyone know where I can get an F marked base?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Chances of you drilling the holes in the new FSB correctly are nill and none.

Armalite has an excellent clampon FSB.  You can loosen the screw, tap it over, retighten in order to correct windage problems.  It's about $40.00 USD.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Chances of you drilling the holes in the new FSB correctly are nill and none.

Armalite has an excellent clampon FSB.  You can loosen the screw, tap it over, retighten in order to correct windage problems.  It's about $40.00 USD.

I looked all over thier website and couldnt find the clamp-on model. Do you know where I can find it?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top