Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:22:20 PM EDT
I just got my RRA mid-length upper and need advice on a cleaning kit.  I have been looking at Otis cleaning kits on ebay.  I can't decide if I want to buy one of these or if I shoudl  get a Dewey  1 piece rod.  Anyone have an opinion about either one of these?????
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Otis, it's all I use for rifle bore cleaning, others will say, "yeah, until you get a patch stuck."  Hasn't happened to me yet.  You can't go wrong with the Dewey either.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
They work you may have a bit of a learning curve as you have trouble learning to make the right size patch at first. I would get a cleaning rod even if you do get the Otis as to help clear anything that gets stuck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Get both...
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an Otis kit for the field.
I have a one piece rod and a tackle box cleaning kit for normal use.
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have an Otis kit for the field.
I have a one piece rod and a tackle box cleaning kit for normal use.

I love my Otis kits. I still use a Dewey rod at home but in the field I carry an
Otis.
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
We issue out OTIS kits to our deployers and if they come back with a dirty gun we make them opened up the cleaning kit, still new in package, and clean their own gun. I'm impressed with the OTIS kit and I have a few for my own toyz.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever helps you keep it clean and running is best.  I use Otis myself.  What I wonder is,after spending hundreds of dollars on the rifle, why are you trying to save ten on the cleaning kit?  Just love her and she will love you back.

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top