Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 7:50:06 PM EDT
When COLT changed from small size to large size, were there any pros or cons with either the small pin / standard fire control group, or the large pin / FC group? I really want a KAC 2 stage, but my blue label Colt lower has the large trigger pin/group.  Is the small pin/group considered "Mil-Spec" and not the large pin/group?  Bushmasters are all small pin triggers, right?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:36:10 PM EDT
Colt changed the pin size so you would not be tempted to put full auto fire control componants in. Colt is the only company that does not trust you.

Now most every company that makes custom triggers makes it in both sizes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:22:57 AM EDT
Most but not all do so, unfortunately.  Bushy is the small pin, which is the standard "Mil
Spec".  I realize you want the KAC (my personal fave), but as David pointed out, there are many other fine 2-stage triggers that come in the large pin variety, it won't be much of a loss, especially if you have them tuned and installed properly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:19:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
Colt changed the pin size so you would not be tempted to put full auto fire control componants in. Colt is the only company that does not trust you.

Now most every company that makes custom triggers makes it in both sizes.
View Quote

It has nothing to do with trust [rolleyes]

It has everything to do with the Fed telling them to toe the line or lose their DOD contract. Why aren't the cloners subject to the same rules? It probably has something to do with them [b]not[/b] having a contract to lose...
Top Top