Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/24/2003 6:53:16 AM EDT
What is the deal with Orlite mags? Aside from being a polymer and not metal why are they so cheap? Do they not funtion well?

I was thinking of buying some for "fun days at the range" are they worth the $$$?

Also I was told or read somewhere that they do not function in Bushmasters? Is this true, or can thew be modified to work?

Thanks
The Cheat
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:49:50 AM EDT
I have 12 or so and they all work fine!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:46:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:32:47 PM EDT
I have 6 or so and they work fine in my BM but will not even seat in my RRA. If they work in your paticular gun then great. They are perfectly fine for range mags, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:55:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:38:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sweep: I've got 6 Thermolds and 6 Orlites. Never had a problem with any of them. However, I'd only consider them good for range mags. You put 3 in a mag puch, all 3 come out when you pull out 1 because of those ribbed edges.
View Quote
Sweeper, Get a couple of the Israeli 2 mag pouches. no problems then[:D] Actually, I don't have a problem w/my GI thre mag pouches and Thermolds. Maybe I got the stretched out ones at the Army/Navy store [:D] PS: good to see you back on the board. Don't know if, as, and/or when I'll get to shoot w/you guys again. Moved up near the Tenn state line, and we have a GBI high power range at the work site. Keep me advised of any shoots tho. never can tell when I might show up[:D]
Top Top