Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2003 6:32:35 AM EDT
Well as I stated in a post many many moons ago...I bought 10 orlite mag's from cheaper than dirt, used from Isreal...and showing some field use...

What they should have said is apperantly buried in the sand at some point in their life...

I swear, the sand in these mags had to weigh more than the mags themselves...

So a couple of hours spent dissasembling the mags, soaking them in a mild detergent water mix and scrubbing with a toothbrush, then drying them with a towel and hairdyer, they look pretty good...now we'll have to see how they fare at teh range...

beware though if you plan on buying them from cheaperthandirt...expect them to be DIRTY and NASTY...

Just a headsup
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:38:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2003 9:40:13 AM EDT by SpentShellz]
I HAVE HAD NO LUCK WITH THEM GUYS THEY SENT ME THE WRONG BRAND OF STUFF...MADE ME MAD .... BEWARE OF THESE GUYS ALLOF YOU..THEY WERE 30RD MINI 14 MAGS SUPPOSE TO BE TRIPLE K AND THE BASTARDS SENT ME U.S.A. MAGS BASTARDS..[PISSED]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:24:06 AM EDT
Yeah, be careful when you buy anything that isn't new from them, when they say used they mean USED.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:24:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rowdymon: Well as I stated in a post many many moons ago...I bought 10 orlite mag's from cheaper than dirt, used from Isreal...and showing some field use... What they should have said is apperantly buried in the sand at some point in their life... I swear, the sand in these mags had to weigh more than the mags themselves... So a couple of hours spent dissasembling the mags, soaking them in a mild detergent water mix and scrubbing with a toothbrush, then drying them with a towel and hairdyer, they look pretty good...now we'll have to see how they fare at teh range... beware though if you plan on buying them from cheaperthandirt...expect them to be DIRTY and NASTY... Just a headsup
View Quote
Ditto on the sand.......on the bright side, if I ever get a cat I gots the sand for a litterbox! Their 50 cal ammo cans are described as being in good cond too.....Good if you like rust and orange paint.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:45:36 PM EDT
I knew I was right not to buy anything from them. Their ad copy is too damn slick, and their prices for gun type stuff is always a couple of bucks higher than I can get it from someplace else. Pardon me while I go pat myself on the back [:D]. Of course, we won't talk about the places whose ads I HAVE believed, and got ripped off on[;D]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:12:30 PM EDT
I bought about six Orlites from them about a year ago. Yes they did have the sands of the Negev in them, but I cleaned them up and they worked just fine. I eventualy sold them in a deal for some USGI's, but it was not because the Orlite's did not work, but because I was getting a heck of a deal on the USGI's. I was Getting the USGI's (Some Colts) for ten bucks apiece and was selling everything not hanging on a rifle in order to snap up as many of the USGI's as possible before the guy came to his senses.
Top Top