Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 2:56:59 AM EDT
I have only been shooting Orlite mags - probably due to the fact that I own about 15 of them and nothing else.  They seem to give me good service but in the long term should I be stocking up on USGI or some similar type of metal mags.  I don't want to get 20 years down the road and have the feed lips or bolt stop wear out on these and then find there are no more 30 rounds left under $200.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a stack of the Orlites.  They work just fine in my rifle, but I assume they will not last forever.  If you are worried about future supply, you can always buy a stack of Orlites and stick them in storage, and forget you have them.

At $10 each, you would need to wear out three Orlites for each good USGI.   The USGIs are better, but I doubt they will last three times longer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top