Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2003 10:50:29 PM EDT
So?  Who's in?  Bring your families and friends to show the anti's we are not a bunch of crazies, but FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS.... Where and when is up to the board...
[Edited to add.. OOOOPPSS!!  Thought I was In GD. Sorry all, anyway mods can transfer?]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm undoubtedly going to catch hell for this, but before an angry mob marches up my driveway with torches and pitchforks let me state that I'm only trying to serve up an alternative viewpoint here. Here goes:

Do you think such a demonstration would help our cause, or would it simply serve to further marginalize us from Mr and Mrs middle America?

When CNN started rolling tape do you think they would point their cameras at the Ozzie and Harriet family of four, or the camo-clad demonstrator wearing war paint and carrying a pro-militia sign? Rosie wouldn't have to speak publically ever again, we'd give the antis all the "ammo" they'd ever need.

How do you think Mr or Mrs America would react is they saw [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=174131]this thread[/url] where certain posters are openly advocating an armed confrontation with the police? I'll tell you how they'd react folks-they'd shit themselves, pure and simple.

Before someone accuses me of being a defeatist pinko who is afraid to stand up for my rights I probably ought to state that I've been doing my part to elect pro-gun legislators since I was in high school. In addition to writing letters I've spoken at town meetings and been a campaign volunteer for local, state, and national pro-gun candidates. I've worked phone banks, circulated flyers, gone door to door, served food at fundraisers, held signs on street corners on election day...you name it.

At the [i]moment[/i] we are winning this fight. The last mid-term election was a unadulterated [b]bloodbath[/b] for antigun candidates nationwide. As long as we don't fuck it up by getting lazy we actually stand a chance at getting some of our rights back next year.

If you want to help then you need to do more than send e-mail form letters. If you've got a pro-gun candidate in your district then volunteer some of your time to help their campaign. Your time is just as important as your money. A real honest-to-god letter has more impact than an e-mail. A face to face town meeting has more impact than being counted as a faceless number in an opinion poll.

Again, I'm not trying to raise the ire of the group politic around here, but I'm starting to see things that are making the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and that isn't good...
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So?  Who's in?  Bring your families and friends to show the anti's we are not a bunch of crazies, but FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS.... Where and when is up to the board...
[Edited to add.. OOOOPPSS!!  Thought I was In GD. Sorry all, anyway mods can transfer?]
View Quote

Had a couple of ones in DC several years ago.  Didn't help.  Help most news outlets didn't even cover the store (at one we had several THOUSAND).  So what is the point?

The other (smaller one) we had a contingent from AR15-L (the mailing list that was pre-forums).  I was there, as was Fight4YourRights, Tweak, DocZox and several otjers.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
We just had one in Columbus, Ohio today.  Ohioans for Concealed Carry members were involved and have been staging "open carry" demonstrations across the state for the past several weeks, since our State Supreme Court affirmed the ban on concealment in the Ohio Constitution after it had been found unconstitutional by several different lower courts around the state.  The goal is to demontrate the absurdity of "open carry".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top