Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/8/2004 10:48:30 AM EST
I've been lurking for a couple weeks and have read a few posts from people who say they've ordered their AR15's straight from Rock River Arms. I e-mailed RRA and they told me I had to purchase mine through a local dealer.

My question is, do you have to have a ffl to order straight from RRA? If so, would going through RBPrecision be the best choice?

Thank you beforehand for any advice you can give.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:32:44 AM EST
If you are buying a lower (which is the serial part numbered item) or a complete rifle, you will have to order through an FFL dealer in your own state (Colorado?). The dealer can then order directly from the factory.

If you are ordering other parts which do not include the lower, you can order directly through RRA.

However, I would suggest going through RBPrecision, ADCO or PeteLegalTransfers for any parts because it will be faster than ordering direct from the factory. They supply their dealers faster than individual retail customers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:35:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By Vector_Joe:
However, I would suggest going through RBPrecision, ADCO or PeteLegalTransfers for any parts because it will be faster than ordering direct from the factory. They supply their dealers faster than individual retail customers.

I think you'll find the prices better than going direct to RRA, also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:39:04 AM EST
I've been ordering quite a few parts from RRA lately. The only reason why I do (besides the brand name) is the fact that shipping is free on internet orders over $25.00.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:42:36 AM EST
I've been going to a local store and asking them about delivery time for a RRA rifle and they've been telling me that it takes them 3 to 4 months to get a special order. On the other hand, I've read on this forum that rbprecision and other online stores can deliver a RRA rifle much quicker. Not only that, but they seem to be a little cheaper, so that may be the way I'll go.

Another question, do any of you recommend piecing a rifle together as opposed to getting the entire rifle at once? What advantages come with doing either or?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:09:24 PM EST
Dealing directly with RRA can be a major PITA.

I suggest www.adcofirearms.com.

$4 flat-rate shipping on all orders
Very competitive pricing
Best service anywhere

You might also try Eagle Firearms, since you are in Colorado.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:05:33 PM EST
I just ordered an RRA from RB Precision. They have been great to deal with. Krista is friendly and very helpful. Although I haven't recieved my rifle yet, it should be shipped out any day now (as soon as my transfer dealers FFL gets there). Very fast turn around (2 weeks). Granted I ordered the Varmit version which is not near as in demand as ARs with the pre-ban stuff but, from what I've heard this is still pretty fast. I have no doubt that I will be very happy when it does get here. Also, from what I've heard and read on this site they are great to work with if, by some chance I'm not happy with what I get. I recommend them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:31:02 PM EST
Great. Sounds like I got a few options to look in to.

I'll let you all know what I decide to do and how things went.

Thanks all for the info.
Top Top