Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 9:05:14 AM EDT by Pred]
I'll be ordering my 16" kit from Del-Ton later on this week or on Monday, so I figured I should go ahead and get the tools together I'll need. This is what I've come up with so far:

CAR Stock wrench(Bravo Company)
Pivot pin installation tool(Bravo Company)
A2 front sight tool(Bravo Company)
Craftsman 6 pc. Roll Pin Punch Set(Sears)

I've got your basic tools at home also. I've checked over a few threads, and this seems like all I'll need to order, anything else I can probably pick up at Sears/Lowes. Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:30:25 AM EDT
Bump because I am doing the same exact thing :)

-SF
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:42:58 AM EDT
Two more tools come to mind, a Nylon and Brass hammer, and a handguard removel tool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:53:18 AM EDT
tools needed to assemble a kit?

punches (make sure the sears kit you are getting has the smaller punches)
stock wrench
screwdriver
hammer

to­ols to make the job easier.
front sight tool
pivot pin tool
mag block
bolt catch punch
handguard too (but the upper should have handguards already installed)
drill bits ( to clean out burs)
vise
upper block
multi tool/barrel wrench
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:31:00 PM EDT
Lets see, a DPMS multi tool, is all you need. as for the hand guards i pull down on the delta ring while my wife puts on the hand gards. Front sight, a sharp pointed bullet, also a bullet works good to remove pins, all the pins. if your insalling a barrel then an action block, or barrel grips are a must. Some stocks come with there own wrench too. good luck on your build, i'm about to start a 0% lower myself. infact i just got my nice looking forged paperweight in the mail the other day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:00:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
tools needed to assemble a kit?

punches (make sure the sears kit you are getting has the smaller punches)
stock wrench
screwdriver
hammer

to­ols to make the job easier.
front sight tool
pivot pin tool
mag block
bolt catch punch
handguard too (but the upper should have handguards already installed)
drill bits ( to clean out burs)
vise
upper block
multi tool/barrel wrench

That should do it
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:40:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mrhylais:
also a bullet works good to remove pins, all the pins.

Yeah, one of my buddies was using a bullet to push out some pins in his AR, smacking the end of the shell with a hammer. I took about 5 big steps back too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pred:

Yeah, one of my buddies was using a bullet to push out some pins in his AR, smacking the end of the shell with a hammer. I took about 5 big steps back too.

Ha. I was just thinking about that as soon as all of this bullet tool talk started.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:01:00 AM EDT
Go to Brownells and get the roll pin starter punches. Plus find a DPMS Armourer's wrench.
http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=TL-MW
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:14:27 AM EDT
Yes, cancel that stock wrench if you can. The DPMS multitool has one built-in. Also, it doesn't hurt to have the handguard removal tool, even though the poster above has found a good, less expensive way to put on the handguards. With the tool you can very easily install & remove the handguards all by yourself.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:35:05 AM EDT
Well, I already got those tools in, but I do have plans to order one of the multitools and a handguard removal tool down the road. After I get this build done, I'm gonna try to get all the tools I need so I can put my own uppers together also.
Top Top