Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 12:57:00 PM EDT
OK guys I have a TA31 on the way and I would like some help with mounting options on my bushmaster M4/A3 w/ 14.5" w/ Izzy barrel.
You are all going to tell me to mount it on the flat rail, OK that is what will probably happen.  
1. Now I need some mounting hardware.  I am thinking about getting the LaRue ACOG Mount QD ($125.00).  Now some people have already told me that my front (factory) sight will not block the TA31.... Correct?  Should I look at getting a taller mount?  Do they make any?

2.  BUIS.  Hummm.  I would like to get a flip up buis for the rear only.  I have visited bravocompanyusa and noticed they have a few.  Now do they all come with a mount or do I have to get them seperately?  Which ones are good?  I want to use them with my factory front sight, as long as I don't have to remove it for the Trijicon TA31 to clear.

By the way, I did get my TA31 for $795 out the door NIB.  I should have it by the 31st or 1st.  I will fill you guys in where I got it from upon inspection.  I don't want anyone else to get ripped off if something is a little shady.

If anyone has pictures of a 5.8" ACOG mounted on the carry handle without problems, please let me know.  Pics would help too.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The Larue mount is sweet.  You will only notice a blur of the front sight tower when you look for it, not while actually shooting.

I like the Troy BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya you barely see it even when you are looking for it.It doesn't hinder me at all.I plan on getting a Troy BUIS,but I have seen some Arms 40L sitting underneath the TA31 with no problems.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I also highly recommend the LaRue mount and Troy rear BUIS.

$795 for a NIB TA31 is an excellent price.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The thing is I don't want to spend $125 for a LaRue Mount and not have the perfect vision out of the scope.  I might just try mounting on the carry handle for shits and giggles, just to see how it works, and if I like it that way.  It won't cost me anthing to do that.

Plus then it would save me another $100 for the BUIS too.  

So many options and accessories with these things is enough to drive you crazy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I mounted my TA31 on the carry handle,but I took it off.Something about mounting a $900.00 optic with one screw holding it on bothered me.

Perfect vision out of the scope ? What are you going to use it for ? If you are going to be trying to make 1" group at 100 yds,this is not the sight you want.If you are engaging terrorists in the form of milk jugs and cans and want super fast aquisition,the TA31 rules.

So many options and accessories with these things is enough to drive you crazy

No shit,it only gets worse from here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
some like it on the carry handle some dont

what do you have to loose? mount it on the carry handle and if you dont like it order a larue mount
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Your concerns about not having a perfect vision through the ACOG are TOTALLY UNFOUNDED.  I went with a PRI flip front sight.  Realised I never lowered the front sight nor never noticed the sight in my FOV with a TA31 and wasted my money to get  a weaker front sight that is slower to deploy and gas block that is not pinned.  I wont do another flip front sight/gas block as its a useless add on.  I have another project which requires an SPR gas block and will use a Troy flip front on the rail for that. LIke the others who have used this combination I reccomend.

TA31
Larue mount
Troy BUIS

You will want the cheek weld of direct mount to flat top... and I had no problems putting up 1" groups at 100 yards with that set up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:05:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool,
Thank you guys for the recommendations on setups etc.
I am going to give the mounting on the handle a try first, since I don't have to buy anything else just yet.  I will most likely remove the handle though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top