Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2010 4:41:45 PM EDT
What manufactureres offer a Quick Detach mount for the Aimpoint Micro.
I don't need THE BEST.....just something Descent, at a descent price.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue Tactical. I love my T-1 mount.

When it comes to QD, you want a high quality mount that will return to zero after replacement. Skimping on the mount negates to positive features of the QD.

I know the American Defense MFG mount is QD. They're also reportedly high quality, although I've never used one personally.

The LaRue and ADM run at the same price, but with the LT you'll most likely get some nice swag with it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You paid the big bucks for the Aimpoint, get a quality mount such as the LaRue. If you are going to skimp on the mount, you might as well have bought the Primary Arms copy, instead of the real deal Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
ADM or LaRue, but if your not dead set on QD then DD makes one for around $60
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a Botach KZ Aimpoint Micro FT Mount for $30?

Descent quick-ish detach mount at a decent price.

Something in between the ADM / Larue mounts and the DD mount.

-Ray

(IM sent)

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That is an interesting mounting solution. I'd be interested in that too. Any first hand experiences?
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 1:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That is an interesting mounting solution. I'd be interested in that too. Any first hand experiences?

Well again, it's a descent mount at a decent price.  Looks to be a close copy of the DD Micro Mount.  Same height, just a little bigger and obviously the addition of the "speed knob".
-Ray

Link Posted: 11/20/2010 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You paid the big bucks for the Aimpoint, get a quality mount such as the LaRue. If you are going to skimp on the mount, you might as well have bought the Primary Arms copy, instead of the real deal Aimpoint.

I have no intention of "skimping" as you call it, and purchasing a Low Quality mount, I just meant I didn't need the most expensive one out there with all the bells and whistles either. Assuming there are multiple choices, I just want something of Descent quality and construction. With the explosion of AR accessories in the past 5 years, I thought there would be many choices. It will never be removed unless the optic fails.

Anyway, I will look at the ADM and Larue mounts mentioned. Thanks.....

Link Posted: 11/20/2010 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're not going to take it off unless the Aimpoint fails then I would go with the DD Micro Mount.  No need to quickly remove the Aimpoint should it ever fail.

-Ray
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you're not going to take it off unless the Aimpoint fails then I would go with the DD Micro Mount.  No need to quickly remove the Aimpoint should it ever fail.

-Ray

I just looked, and the Daniel Defense mount at $70 looks pretty good, but I'm kinda liking the LaRue LT-751 mount at $98 with it's QD lever. I'm actually going to be using it with a Benelli M4 shotgun, but may want to use it on an AR platform later on.

Link Posted: 11/20/2010 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

-Ray

Link Posted: 11/20/2010 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#11]
KAC and LaRue mounts.

GG&G and ARMS mounts.

LaRue 660HK mount.

Link Posted: 11/20/2010 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Ray

I just looked, and the Daniel Defense mount at $70 looks pretty good, but I'm kinda liking the LaRue LT-751 mount at $98 with it's QD lever. I'm actually going to be using it with a Benelli M4 shotgun, but may want to use it on an AR platform later on.

Then all the mounts in this thread so far are going to be kinda high for mounting it to your Benelli.  I would think the factory Aimpoint Micro mount would work fine for that.  As far as switching platforms between an AR and shotgun you will definitely have to resight your Aimpoint no matter what mount you use.

And as a side note...new to like new DD Aimpoint Micro Mounts can be found on the EE for $50-$55 pretty often.

-Ray

ETA: The ARMS #31 Aimpoint Micro Mount (that Molon posted) without the spacer would be the lowest mount with a throw lever.  Should work fine on your Benelli then add the spacer and resight the Aimpoint for your AR.

Link Posted: 11/27/2010 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Does the DD mount return to zero when you remove/replace it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does the DD mount return to zero when you remove/replace it?

It's a screw mount. So, no. Different torques will make it sit slightly differently each time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Ray

For a Benelli I would go with the Larue 661...

Link Posted: 11/27/2010 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the GG&G mount. What I like about it is that it comes with integrated Butler Creek flip open lens covers. . . none of the others offer this feature as far as I know. . .

Mounted on my GCB Deer Rifle. . .

Link Posted: 11/28/2010 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have the GG&G mount. What I like about it is that it comes with integrated Butler Creek flip open lens covers. . . none of the others offer this feature as far as I know. . .

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/jhoops76/guns/IMG_0534.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/jhoops76/guns/IMG_0536.jpg

Didnt know that, Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a T1 mounted on an American defense quick detach base.  I use it on a 5.7 upper.  It is the bees knees as far as taking it of and putting it back on without losing zero.  All QD will lose a hair and this one only loses a hair.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I went with the ADM mount + SOCOM riser for my T-1 mainly because I already had the base for my compact ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I went with the ADM mount + SOCOM riser for my T-1 mainly because I already had the base for my compact ACOG.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/chrisq_01/1289658382.jpg

I think this is the way to go also. With risers that are not to expensive you can go from your shotgun to you M-4 in no time. I uses one with my Aimpoint M4s and like it a lot and I have used most of the high end mounts out there. AMD mounts are sweet..
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/jhoops76/guns/IMG_0534.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/jhoops76/guns/IMG_0536.jpg

EVO,

It appears that the GG&G Accucam mount gives you an absolute (centered) co-witness with your iron sights. Is that correct?

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top