Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2006 10:23:12 PM EDT
Im maybe getting an FNH SPR A1, but wondering first what kind of scope would be good on it, and what rings etc.

im kindof a newb when it comes to this stuff, ive mostly shot iron sights at 100 yards or less.

help greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
How much are you willing to go into debt to spend? A decent setup would run anywhere from $300-ish dollars for a Bushnell 10X and some modest rings, up to a few thousand for a top-of-the-line Leupold or Nightforce and premium rings. (The SPRs come with some sort of base, don't they? If not, you'd need to add a base to your scope and rings.)

How much do you wanna spend, and how far are you planning to shoot?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The A1 is a 20 inch rifle, right?
If so I would strongly recomend the Leupold Mark4 3-9X36 M3 Mildot. For rings I would go with 30MM  Badger Ordenance rings and BO rail (if it does not come with one already)
I paid 750 for the scope and 300 for the Badger rings and rail...
I have the 3-9X36 on my EBR and I have the rings and rail on my PSS along with a 4.5-14 leupy
HTH
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
BULLDAWG_556, the A1a is the 20 inch barrel.

I just recently sold my SPRA1a. I had a Leupold 3.5-10x40 LR/T M1 Ill MilDot sitting in Badger Ord Max 50 rings. More than enough scope for out to 600-700 yard shooting, if you learn the MilDot formula. Your A1 has the 24 inch barrel, so you could easily shoot out to 1000 yards. If that is the case you could look into more magnifcation.

Any of the higher end scopes will do you fine. I have only used the Leupolds. If funds are an issue, look at the Super Sniper scope line. For the money you would spend they are a decent scope.

I am with BULLDAWG on the rings. Get the Badger Ord. you won't be disappointed.

Good Luck

Edited to add: The FN's do come with a base, I think the base on mine was a PRI 20moa base.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top