Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 1:41:48 PM EST
Ok I've got 2 Optics and mounts coming in (didn't intend for this to happen) and I need to choose between the two. I have no experience with either so input would be great.

Optic number 1 : Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T with Larue Tactical CQ/T mount
Optic number 2 : EOTech 551.A65 Rev. F w/ LaRue Tactical QD EOTech Mount and LaRue BUIS

Both are already in the mail headed my way so I'll sell whichever I don't use. One of these will be going on my Sept. 13 LE M4. Now I was told you can't co-witness with the Leupold but since it's functional even if the battery is dead since the glass is etched then that's a mute point. Which would you keep and why? Anybody have experience with the Leupold, I know there's a pretty large EOTech following here and I've read plenty of good things about it (that's why I ordered it) but I haven't heard much on the Leupold, good or bad so fill me in please. Thanx in advance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:57:47 PM EST
sorry, but build another rifle so you will have a place to put the second glass on. that way you dont have to choose

they all need a loving home
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:58:12 PM EST
You need another rifle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:01:06 PM EST
I have a Holoscope, ATN and a leupold mk4 CQT so I need two more rifles
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:07:35 PM EST
Shit. I wish I was in your predicament. I'd choose the Leupold.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:08:47 PM EST
Cowitnessing the Leupold depends on the height and I don't think it is too high to cowitness. It has been awhile since I've played with one, but I think it can be done. It is 1-3 power, so the irons should be good as long as the scope is set to 1X.

I'd go with the CQ/T myself. It gives you a reticle similar to the Eotech, illumination and magnification.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:42:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
You need another rifle.

lol, this M4 will be my 3rd AR. I'm going to have trouble justifying a 4th to my wallet

Here's my Varminter

and my Grendel
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:55:42 PM EST
Leupold on my bushy A2
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:56:50 PM EST
Any complaints or problems?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:12:58 PM EST
Its a heavy optic but that's about all I heard other than the reticle is nice and clear.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:00:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By twonami:
Leupold on my bushy A2
memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/511283_66_full.jpg

Can the Leupy be mounted farther forward on an A3 or is it necessary for eye relief to have it mounted that far in the back?
Top Top