Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:53:29 AM EDT
My nephew is going through basic training right now with the hopes of continuing on to and completing Ranger school. Let's say he gets through Ranger school and becomes a Ranger. Will the gov't provide him with optics (Eotech, ACOG etc.) for his M-16? Or is it something that he will need to provide if he wants it? I am asking because it would make a great present upon graduation from Ranger school. Not from me necessarily, I'm not that rich of an uncle, but if I was to make a suggestion to his Dad (my brother) what should he get?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:03:54 AM EDT
He will likely be issued the M4, If he is assigned to Ranger Bn. If he makes it trough, The Ranger Bn will give him what he needs for the most part. He will get an optic based on his position in the Platoon. He will likely get an Aimpoint M68. Its hard to predict what he'd need and get because all Units are a little Different. You might consider getting him a Book. NO JOKE Intended.
"The Enilisted man's Guide to the US Army."
chuck
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:06:23 AM EDT
He shouldn't have to buy anything. SOCOM is pretty good about getting the Ranger Bat.'s nice toys. Usually if you ask for it they will get it for you and you probably could have a choice between Eotech, Aimpoint or Acog. When I was in, the standard issue was Aimpoints, however now I understand that they are using all three.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:18:33 AM EDT
Thanks! I had heard in the past that some soldiers had to supply their own optics. Nice to know that he will be getting outfitted.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:30:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:50:45 AM EDT
Top Top