Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 3:42:48 PM EDT
Hi all, this is my first post, the main reason i logged on here is for a little assistance as for my new job

I am in the military and have been assigned as my units armorer.  Ill admit my knowledge is very limited but i am learning.

I am a 89D by trade so doing the job of a supply guy is kinda out of the ordinary but i am in love with weapons so ill suck it up, i own a SA M1A standard, and a DPMS .308 SASS(can you tell my favorite cal.)

anyway what im looking for is to replace our old and worn out aim points, but my commander wants something that can be used on our 4's and our 16's.

our 4s have full rail system, but we still have a2 style 16's.  i know there is a mount for the 16 but i dont know anything else about them.

so any help you guys can give me would be highly appreciated

thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the bare-bones ACOG can be mounted to a CH, while with a rail adapter it can be fitted to a rail.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think the bare-bones ACOG can be mounted to a CH, while with a rail adapter it can be fitted to a rail.

the compact acogs are designed to be carry handle mounted, but can be rail mounted with an adapter, here's pics of mine with a larue adapter and with the standard adapter.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Great thanks,

how eotechs and aimpoints, any info about that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
eotechs can be mounted direct to a flat top, or with an adapter on a carry handle.

aimpoint is going to require a mount either way.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top