Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:48:53 PM EDT
So right now I'm at a crossroads of which way to go with some funds. I'd been eye balling an aimpoint red dot, like the m3s or a t-1 and I'm at the part where I could go ahead and make the purchase comfortably, but in the meantime I've also started a second build. Right now I have a Spikes lower assembled minus the stock.

I'm debating on wether to use the money to finish the build and have a second AR or buy the red dot for my exising AR. If I finish the AR it will be DI since my existing one is piston, I'm looking at picking up a stripped upper, chrome BCG, and probably a middy 16" barrel with low profile gas block, although I've not settled on what barrel to get yet. So I'd still need BUIS and a free float.

Opinions? Thoughts? Eventually both will get done, I guess it's more of that satisfaction you get right away from one or the other. Persuade me to do one or the other

And I do already have ammo stocked up and a .22lr conversion for additional practice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:02:43 PM EDT
get both
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:30:24 PM EDT
2 is 1, 1 is none.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2012 4:41:30 PM EDT by Muad]
Are you proficient with Irons on the first rifle yet? If not, I say finish the build.

If you are, I say Optic.

However, the first reply to this thread is the best option

ETA: Spelling
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:27:17 PM EDT
optic

what's the point of having two if you can't aim or hit anything with either of them
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:30:41 PM EDT
Sell the piston, buy the Aimpoint and finish the DI AR15.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:54:07 PM EDT
Optic. You'll enjoy one complete rifle versus two that differ very little.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:41:34 AM EDT
If you are looking at it from a teotwawki scenario having a second rifle would be better. If not get the optic. I have a Comp M4, PRO, and I just bought a T-1 for my wife. If I were you I would get the T-1, it is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:43:31 AM EDT
Optic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:20:41 AM EDT
So many mixed reviews in this thread

I am ok with my irons, I get 2" groups at 25 yds, ~4" at 50, and I haven't tried beyond that. If I need to tighten them up more with irons I am ok with that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:58:39 AM EDT
Finish the other AR and save your coin for a optic. I'm kinda in the same boat right now. I'm trying to justify buying a Aimpoint or Eotech, but my guns are fun guns, so it's not easy justifiying a $500 optic. I'm on #4 right now:

1-4x scope on one that I love.... IMO the perfect midrange option for this style rifle.
Open sights on one... Just for practicing irons.
One that is ready for a Aimpoint or Eotech
The .22 dedicated has flip up irons and a cheap red dot.

So, I'm saving the duckets right now. Either going to go to a Geiselle SSA for the new Carbine or a RDS for the same gun.

The correct answer is BOTH!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:00:14 AM EDT
I gotta say though, my current AR is kind of a pig, it weights in at 8 lbs and is real front heavy, so I am wanting to build a second one lighter hopefully, with a lighter barrel and more balanced.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:27:58 AM EDT
Sweet. Go for it. You can never have too many AR's!!
Top Top