Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 11:24:36 AM EDT
Which should I choose?....Trijicon Reflex, Trijicon RMR, Aimpoint PRO, or EOTech
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
All are options but if it were me I'd go for the Aimpoint.  I say this because of the battery life and proven durability.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All are options but if it were me I'd go for the Aimpoint.  I say this because of the battery life and proven durability.

+ 1 for the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an aimpoint and change the battery every time you vote for the president. Leave it on setting 7 in the meantime. There.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the Aimpoint Pro.  In the end price did it for me between it and the EOTECH.  I had concerns about a 2MOA dot being easy enough to pick up quickly but it is, I was a bit surprised.  For the money the Pro is the best thing going.  I could use anything I want pretty much since we have basically zero regs on our AR's and that's what I went with.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Trijicon TA44
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+ 1 for the Aimpoint.

+1 For a patrol rifle go Aimpoint!  But I love my new TA31F
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info so far, it greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both an Aimpoint M3 with a 2 MOA dot and an Eotech EXPS 3-2. I personally prefer the Eotech reticle over the Aimpoint's but IMO, the Aimpoint is a better patrol rifle optic due to the battery life.

Nick
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
If you are not familiar with each try to find some at a store and look through them. If you cant find any try to atleast check out the reticles via a pic or video or something. I am not real familiar with the 2 Trijicons you mentioned. Aimpoints have a great reputaion and are very good. Personally I dont care for them. If I want that type of red dot I will just buy a Vortex and call it good. On my rifles that I am serious about and need a red dot I always go EoTech. I just really like the circle dot and the big window. Its personal preference. My friend just bought an Aimpoint because of the battery life they have. He loves it, and like I said they are quality optics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
OP,  please try these scopes out before you run it on a patrol carbine.  I've had both the Eotech and Aimpoint on my patrol rifle.  I felt like I was much faster with the Eotech but I dont think it was as fast as I thought.  For patrol the rifle will spend a lot of time in the car so for me the Aimpoint is ideal.  You can leave it on without worrying about the battery dying, so when you jump out on a hot call there's no need to think about pushing a button to turn it on, just go!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
trijicon ta 44 sg-10 with a larue dosTA44 info
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I am down in the flat country of NC. I use a TA-31F on my patrol carbine. I also like the Aimpoint M4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top