Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 7:16:03 PM EDT
I've seen these scopes suddenly start appearing everywhere, and just wondering about their quality and how well the BDC works on them.

Any experience with them?

SoL
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
i've heard alot of good things about their fixed 5x scope that is designed for a 223..

now as for their variable power scopes, I can say that I don't like mine for a couple of reasons..  first, the scope I have is 6-18x65, and whenever you crank it up past 12x then the picture quality isn't that great.  and also the reticle is placed so that when you zoom in, the reticle gets bigger (european style) so that the rangfinder works at whatever power you use, not just at the lowest power.  and thats a cool feature, but i don't like the changing of the reticle size.. i guess thats more of a preference that you have to figure out on your own..

i have my ATN 6-18x65 for sale on EE for $250. I don't like it. It could be a nice solid scope for a good price but most places sell it for $450-500, and I don't think its worth that much.

as for the BDC, i think that most BDCs (on any scope) don't work that great because they are set for a specific round, which is the round that you probably won't be using.

edited fer spelling
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top