Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 8:39:17 PM EDT
Any personal experiences with the Olympic Arms Feather Lights? Accuarcy, reliability, fit and finish, beefs?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the particular model you've mentioned, but my CAR97M4 has been problem free and accurate as shi'ite. I'm guesstimating a little over 2000-rds through it so far of various ammo (LC, Q3131A, Sellier&Bellot SS109/m193, PMC, and Barnaul). So far, less problems than my issue rifles.

Oh, btw, if you've got your flak vest handy you might want to go ahead and throw it on.[:D]

[peep]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought an Olympic Service Match rifle. THe quality is second to none. Fit is superior to any Colt, Bushmaster or Rock River I ahve seen. Finish is about the same. Accuracy has been tremendous!

I would not hesitate to buy a new Olympic again. They are making a fine product.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
My experience with oly has led me to the conclusion that about half of them are pieces of crap. Don't buy from this company. Their customer service also sucks.
Pat
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My experience with oly has led me to the conclusion that about half of them are pieces of crap. Don't buy from this company. Their customer service also sucks.
Pat
View Quote

Oh my. Your Oly rating is improving somewhat. Where they used to make all crap is now only half crap. BTW, I did make good on my promise to buy Oly again (M4). Its just as nice as my first one and shoots just as well. At this point I think all your rantings are outdated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
AMEN!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
AMEN!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Reason for the question is that Arsenal inc. is coming out with the SAM-5 AK. I own a SAM-7 that is very accurate and reliable. The appeal of a .223 AK is strong. My SAM-7 shoots 1.5 to 2 MOA with 7.62x39. I own two Rock Rivers that are excellent. Never had a problem period. I am an older shooter so light weight and good sights are important. I can hold a light gun more steady when not using a shooting jacket, so the interest in a light AR. I know Service Rifle competitors who use muscle relaxers to hold heavy AR's.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top