Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 10/4/2014 8:11:38 PM EST
I've been repeatedly told I should invest in an adjustable gas block to save myself some headache on a 7.62x39 SBR build.
Has anyone used the seekins adjustable gas block?
Primary arms has them for a good price compared to other adjustables I've seen

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:45:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2014 8:45:38 PM EST by wagonwheel1]
I believe that this particular block has the adjustment screw facing the upper receiver. Accessing it seems difficult or near impossible without removal of the handguard.
I could be mistaken but maybe others can confirm this.

SLR Rifleworks makes an excellent block that is easily accessible and adjustable from the front.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:07:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2014 9:35:41 PM EST by Lug1]
I have one. I wouldn't buy another one. It functions great. No issues with sturdiness. I hate the adjustment screw facing front(edit-this should say back). I used an SLR and a PRI. I like the SLR best.
Unless you are shooting match, or have an extremely overgassed gun, get a $24 YHM and don't worry about an adjustable. They can serve a purpose but I think they are the exception to the rule in most cases. They just aren't needed most of the time.
Your circumstance may warrant it. I have no experience with a build like yours.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:28:52 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lug1:
I have one. I wouldn't buy another one. It functions great. No issues with sturdiness. I hate the adjustment screw facing front. I used an SLR and a PRI. I like the SLR best. Unless you are shooting match, or have an extremely overgassed gun, get a $24 YHM and don't worry about an adjustable. They can serve a purpose but I think they are the exception to the rule in most cases. They just aren't needed most of the time.
View Quote

Good feedback

I'm already planning on a sprinco red XP spring, H2, and extra power extractor spring. I figured an additional $25 over a standard gas block could easily save $25 in ammo for related malfunctions...

Guys on sniper's hide also rave about the syrac unit with 17 (?) positions

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:11:53 PM EST
I have not used a Syrac. I will admit to admiring it from afar, I chose the SLR over syrac, was helping a buddy. But for my guns I am only using 1 adjustable gas block at this time, the seekins I have. I don't think it is warranted on that gun. I have considered putting one on my 6.8 but that is all. All of my other 5.56's will stay with a simple gas block. I may end up replacing the seekins but it currently works, so why?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:29:23 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lug1:
I have one. I wouldn't buy another one. It functions great. No issues with sturdiness. I hate the adjustment screw facing front. I used an SLR and a PRI. I like the SLR best. Unless you are shooting match, or have an extremely overgassed gun, get a $24 YHM and don't worry about an adjustable. They can serve a purpose but I think they are the exception to the rule in most cases. They just aren't needed most of the time.
View Quote

I just installed an SLR on my build. Initial quality and function is fine, and it definitely adjusts from the front (though I can see how, from afar, it might appear to adjust from the side, as there is a not-the-adjustment screw on the side). I can't vouch for long-term reliability, yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:34:25 PM EST
My original post should indicate the seekins adjusts from under the handguard or the back I suppose. This appears vague when quoted. My bad.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:54:15 AM EST
I love my Syrac, I needed it even with a rifle buffer setup with my 16" heavy carbine. Very high build quality, definitely recommended. Pricey but worth it. Their CS was top-notch helping me fit a .936" bull barrel with carbine gas and their lo-pro Gen 2 AGB under a rifle length handguard. Had to settle on a Seekins rail but had to have the barrel nut ID turned out about .050"
Top Top