Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 10:05:03 AM EDT
Does anyone have the flash hider? What do you think of it? Your likes/dislikes? From what I read about noise and blast out to the side of the muzzle, I dont think I want a muzzle brake. The brake and flash hider are at the bottom of the page in the link.

operationparts.com/troy-industries.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on mine and I like it alot, good flash suppression
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:24:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks gimmicky to me.

Brakes are stupid unless you're in a State that bans them. Also, .223 doesn't need a brake unless you are a serious pussy.

What you want is flash suppression. The Vortex is hailed by many to do the best job at this task. A very close 2nd is the Phantom (I have this one). It works well. My 16" with A2 would produce a faint flash with XM193 during the day (never tried at night), with the Phantom I cannot detect any flash at all. There are also photos comparing flash if you search around.

The Vortex looks cool, but not "medevil"..there is a version of the Phantom that has a spiked front rim. You might like that one. It is also much cheaper, $24.

If you are decided on the Troy, get the flash hider, NOT the brake.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone have the flash hider? What do you think of it? Your likes/dislikes? From what I read about noise and blast out to the side of the muzzle, I dont think I want a muzzle brake. The brake and flash hider are at the bottom of the page in the link.

We put one on a rifle this week. It looks pretty good but I have not seen one in use so I cannot comment as to it's effectivness.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't tried one, but I have an opinion based on seeing one.

It looks dorky.

Now if you want a suppressor that is truely midevil, get a phantom. With that sharp front edge, you can stab a guy and take a three quarter inch core right out of him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top