Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 5:27:29 PM EDT
Just wodnering what your opinions are on match uppers for service rifles. Which one do you think is better White Oaks, John Hollinger, Accuracy Speaks, Rock River, Bushmaster, Armalite? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:31:14 PM EDT
How much do you want to spend? RRA is great and not too bad pricewise. Probably better than Bushy and cheaper. WOA would be a little better and a little pricier. As for Hollinger and Accuracy speaks I am not too familiar with them so I wont comment. Armalite is good stuff but no better than RRA for more $. That being said I used to own a Bushy DCM and it was a great rifle. A little too much money though and the worst trigger of probably any CMP rifle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:26 PM EDT
I have a Compass Lake Engineering upper with a Krieger barrel that I (with 51 year old eyes) can regularly get 3/4" @ 100 yards with Black Hills Blue Box ammo off sand bags with iron sights. I priced Armalite, Rock River and Bushy and could not get a good deal at the gun shows. I ordered the CLE upper for around $1050 (at the time) and bought a Bushy lower and a Jewell trigger and for about a $100 or so extra I got a custom rifle that totaly rocks.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:13:40 PM EDT
Have a RRA NM rifle & am very happy with it. Will do .5" off the bench with Federal GM ammo. Outstanding performance for an out-of-the-box rifle. Excellent two stage trigger, too. When it comes to "bang for the buck", RRA rules...............Just my opinion, YMMV.

700P
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:32:02 PM EDT
The compass lake is also a great upper but liek Another Bill said the upper alone was $1050. YOu can get an RRA for $650. The CLE w/ a lower and match trigger will run at least $1400.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:04:56 PM EDT
John Holliger is the owner of White Oak Precision and White Oak Armament.

In order of preference, I'd go:

1. White Oak Precision or Compass Lake Engineering (tie)
2. White Oak Armament
3. Rock River
4. Fulton Armory
5. Bushmaster or Armalite (tie)
Top Top