Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:45:41 PM EDT
I bought a few packages of the very pricey "Extreme Shock" Anti Terrorism Munitions.

I'm going to make some home brewed ballistics gel blocks and compare the effects of ball, hollow point, and EXTREME SHOCK.  Does anyone on here have  any information as to whether or not the Extreme Shock ammo lives up to it's claims?

Here's my extreme shock .45 acp next to a rwinchester ball..... Supposedly the extreme shock has a tungsten core, which is apparently concave, and around that is the "fang face" copper jacket.

http://files.hofr.net/arsenal/ext shock.jpg

On the web site it says they were able to take down a 500 pound russian boar with just one Fang face 9mm round. The manufacturer also claims that the extreme shock rounds make simply enormous wound channels. We shall see. I'll follow up with pictures of the gel blocks.

Mike
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, I just never have bought into the "snake oil" cartridges.
I guess they just seem too good to be true. Besides, I'm too cheap to pay the prices for that stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
AKKKKKK - its crap
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top