Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 12:58:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 12:59:06 PM EST by arizsig]
I'm gathering the parts needed to finish building a 20" A2. I can get a DPMS lower parts kit from Brownell's for $44.00 (dealer pricing). This looks like it is a good price. Does anyone have any personal experience with these kits. Are the parts well made, well finished, and in spec?

Also considering getting a DPMS carrier, carrier key, and charging handle at the same time. Any thoughts on these parts?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:06:58 PM EST
I have used 3 DPMS kits on 3 lowers, all have been fine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:15:27 PM EST
My DPMS LPK have been outstanding. I have been told that RRA is making a slightly better LPK right now, but I haven't placed them side by side to check. I do know that I have no regrets in my DPMS LPKs, but will try RRA on my next build.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:20:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 2:21:13 PM EST by dmk0210]
I just put an Eagle Arms lower together with a DPMS kit. The only reason I picked it up was because I was ordering some stuff from Brownells anyway. It worked fine except the upper reciever latch pins are very tight. I think they will loosen up with use though.

However that said, I'll go with an RRA kit next time. I used one on my other Eagle lower and the parts went together smooth as butter. It's worth the extra couple of bucks IMO.

Top Top