Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 6:35:00 AM EDT
I usually use a KAC 300M flipup BUIS on my flattops. But I am ordering a shorty LMT upper from MSTN and am wondering about getting an LMT BUIS instead of the KAC.

Any comments on the function and workmanship of the LMT? It looks alot like an carry handle cutdown BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be the best fixed BUIS out there.  Search some MSTN threads selling them.  There are some good pictures and praises.  You can't go wrong with LMT. (Although you won't need the elevation adjustment with the shorty, but so what.)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I am VERY satisfied with mine! As a general rule, the A2 sights have a lot of rotational "play" between the base and the sight body itself. The LMT has very little of this; it seems to be machined to tighter tolerances then any other A2 sight I've seen. It has a 1/2 MoA elevation adjustment, which is always a plus, even for a carbine. The workmanship is pretty much typical of what you'll find in MSTNs' offerings; ie: just about the best you can get. I thought about simply getting a carry handle and cutting it down myself, but since this is my one and ONLY rifle, I wanted the best iron sight I could put on it. So far, I think ol' WES did me a favor when he recommended this sight to me.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=16472[/img]

THANKS, WES and PAUL, at MSTN!
[beer]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I totally agree with the above posts!!!  I got one for my 10.5" upper and love it.  Overkill for the short upper yes[:D] but I was thinking on the lines of upper by LMT hmmm......BUIS by LMT!  Fit should be spot on.  IT IS!  there is absolutely no space between the BUIS and upper reciever.  Tight as a drum.  Everything I own from LMT is tops IMO!  You will be glad you got one!  Wes and Paul are great guys!

OH!  and they look coool![naughty]

ps.  I plopped it on my COLT 14.5 upper and it fit just as well!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a LMT rear sight behind my EOTech, it is fast and sturdy. the thing is almost indestructable.  when using it with out a red dot up front, the rear sight acts like a ghost ring and deliver super fast target acquisition and superb field of view.  It is a worthy investment.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/tanm4-2.jpg[/img]

Contact Wes @ [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] for all your LMT needs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top