Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:50:32 PM EDT
I'm thinking of picking one up for my son and wife, mostly because of their price.

So what are their pro's and con's?

Should i just add a few bucks and go with an RRA or Bushy?

Thanks in advance Bro's!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
One more time, anybody??
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a CavArms complete rifle, but I DO have a rifle with a CavArms lower with the factory installed LPK...

I'm happy with it!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
God that is ugly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
God that is ugly.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the pistol grip feel in your hand? Is that design better or worse than the standard AR frip?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How does the pistol grip feel in your hand? Is that design better or worse than the standard AR frip?

It's comfortable to shoot.  Some folks use the Houge grip sleeve, I don't though.

You don't get bit by the trigger guard with these.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought the exact same lower because of its enhanced resistance to damages, wider magwell, and I like the swolen grip. I tend to think of it as a "Glock Rifle" ....  tough.... A little ugly... but worth the second take.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't have a CavArms complete rifle, but I DO have a rifle with a CavArms lower with the factory installed LPK...

I'm happy with it!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/nationwide/guns/CavArms_20A2.jpg

Nationwide you really need to order their handguards as well.

I love my CavArms
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm happy with it!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/nationwide/guns/CavArms_20A2.jpg

Nationwide you really need to order their handguards as well.

I love my CavArms

Roger that!  It's a work in progress... I need to get the muzzle threaded as well!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just bought the exact same lower because of its enhanced resistance to damages, wider magwell, and I like the swolen grip. I tend to think of it as a "Glock Rifle" ....  tough.... A little ugly... but worth the second take.

Mine is a 2004 Special Edition Black (Green ) Rifle... the Serial number is "AR15.COM SEBR xxx"  I thought it was cool

+1 on the "Glock Rifle"
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I also just had a thought about it.... If you dressed all in green BDUs, painted your face and hands green, and stood, holding a true Od Cav-arms green rifle, on a green garbage can lid... you would look like a giant Army man from our toybox growing up... Sory.... just had to go there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is a work in progress as well.  You notice that the forearms are a slightly different tint? that's because they're model one forarms .  I'm going to spring for some CavArms M4 style.  The light, rail and verticle grip are painted with krylon which is a pretty close match to the CavArms OD.

I've since added a EoTech so I need a fold down BUIS.  I'm gonna order the forearms, BUIS and some spair takedown pins in a month or so.  I've also put on the Hogue grip, which I like.  I also need a decent CQB sling.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks for the replies fellas, and that green tactically outfitted Cav looks damn good!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top