Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 5:15:32 AM EST
I am looking into getting a bolt/carrier and was wondering your opinions on which you feel is better. Bushmaster or Colt? And what are the markings on them that I should look for? As far as I know Bushy dosen't have markings, well my pre-ban bolt/carrier dosen't.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:54:08 AM EST
If you currently have either I'd go Colt. If you already had a Bushy, and/or were getting one free of charge from a friend etc., I'd feel perfectly fine runninng a BM. I have for years w/o a problem, however, the new Colts are a bit heavier I believe, w/ a ull length full circle carrier.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:38:55 AM EST
LMT bolts, are better than either ya listed ....... $155 off the EE.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:04:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
LMT bolts, are better than either ya listed ....... $155 off the EE.

Mike

I'd agree, but he wants the Bolt and carrier, that puts him around $227.00, way more than either option he listed.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:51:23 AM EST
I would go with either, and have ARs running with both. Whatever seems to be cheapest and/ or easiest to obtain would be what I would use.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:16:04 AM EST
The bolt is the critical part, I own bolts from all three named, (LMT, Bushy & Colt) as well as DPMS and Rock River and am considering purchase of another LMT bolt for my long-range AR. They'll work with any makers bolt carrier, so spending extra for their bc/firing pin and FP retaining pin is not a requirement to gain the added reliability of the LMT bolt.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:29:10 PM EST
I'm running Colt M16 bolts and carriers in all my AR's. I've seen too many Bushy's with loose carrier keys and bum extractors to trust 'em.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:30:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:13:10 AM EST
Thanks for the replys.
Before reading all of them(replys) I ordered a Bushy carrier for $75. Well I'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:40:47 AM EST

...the new Colts are a bit heavier I believe, w/ a ull length full circle carrier. /S2
That doesn't sound like Colt. Mine has the no-circle carrier and my BM has the shorter circle. Maybe the LEO Colts have an M16 carrier...
Top Top