Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 8:51:09 PM EDT
I know i've been asking alot of "opinion" questions but I'm new to the whole "build it yourself AR" family so please bare with me. Thanks.

I was shopping around for the base of my "rifle to end all rifles" (if there is such a thing) and came across CMMG. I was looking at getting one of there stripped lowers for $119 and a complete upper for $124. From the pics it looks like quality parts and I really dig the teflon coating.

Any 1st hand knowledge or god honest opinions please. thanks.

PS. How difficult would it be to barrel a receiver? It seems like if I shop around and do it myself I save a butt load of mula. But if it's to difficult maybe I should just by a complete upper assembly?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CMMG barrel on my Colt and I really like it.  However, I added it up and I think that you will spend more money doing it your way.  You might look at this web site.  

www.eaglefirearms.net/stag_arms.htm#Upper%20Receiver%20Assemblies

Also look at their RRA part of the site.  You can get an upper just like the CMMG version for $105.  

I'm not bad mouthing CMMG.  As a matter of fact I really like their stuff.  But you can do it a little cheaper and still be good quality.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top