Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2005 5:55:04 AM EDT
Stupid question alert:  I just saw an LMT SOPMOD stock and wondered how you open up the two storage tubes.  I know there are a ton of owners around here that know the answer.   Mark
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I do believe you have to REMOVE the stock  (sliding part)
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, the stock has to be removed from the buffer extension tube.  You could mod it so it'll behave like the Vltor though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep, the stock has to be removed from the buffer extension tube.  You could mod it so it'll behave like the Vltor though.

curious.

Never had a Vltor. Are you suggesting 'modifying' the tear-drop shaped caps, that access the storage?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
the caps are round with a leg on them. the caps are snapped onto the tube and then the tube is slide into it's little home.  once in all the way, the caps is twisted 1/4 turn or so and the leg hids up inside the stock.  when the tubes are first placed into the stock, the legs stick into the area the buffer tube would be so when the buffer tube is put back in or rather, the stock is put back on the buffer tube, the caps and tubes cannot be twisted.  you'd have to cut the leg off of the caps.  there would be nothing to keep the tubes all the way in the stock anymore with the legs gone.  

the Vltor mod has something to do with using paracord, but it wouldn't work with the cranes that i can tell...  they'd still fall out and you wouldn't be able to get them all the way out unless you pulled the stock al the way back and made sure you had no sling plates or any other crap in the way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I do believe you have to REMOVE the stock  (sliding part)

Newb question: how do you remove the stock from the buffer tube?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Pull the chevron shaped latch all the way out, then pull the stock rearward
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Very interesting.

I've never seen one up close before. Good info to know.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
if you are an idiot like me- "pull the chevron shaped latch all the way out" means to pull it out the opposite way you push it in order to retract or extend!!

you should have seen the look on my face one day-
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pull the chevron shaped latch all the way out, then pull the stock rearward

Thanks for the help!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top