Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2003 8:46:11 PM EDT
Selling firearms online is it ok to send firearms straight from me to an FFL or do I have to give to an FFL to ship?  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You can send the weapon to an FFL but some FFL's might want it to be shiped from another FFL holder
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can send the weapon to an FFL but some FFL's might want it to be shiped from another FFL holder
View Quote

Yep - I use my FFL's FedEx account to ship so I'm automatically FFL to FFL.  However, when I buy guns my dealer will also accept those guns sent by an individual.  My guy is also bright and understands the law.  That's not always the case.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#3]
5sub, where are you in OK?  I'm down in southeastern OK, WIlburton.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
In my dealings, I've discovered that it may depend on location.  I've been told by a few other FFL's I've shipped to that local regulations REQUIRE them to have a signed copy of an FFL acompany any rifle shipments from other than an authorized distributor.

Federal law though only requires the receiving party to be an FFL holder.  If you are shipping within your own state, then you can actually ship direct...again depending on local laws.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In my dealings, I've discovered that it may depend on location.  I've been told by a few other FFL's I've shipped to that local regulations REQUIRE them to have a signed copy of an FFL acompany any rifle shipments from other than an authorized distributor.
View Quote

I've been a dealer for ten years and I've heard this too but no one has ever been able to show me this in writing.  I do require that if a dealer sends me a gun that he send a copy of his FFL so I have the right information for my books or if an individual sends me a gun, that he sends a copy of his DL for the same reason.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top