Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/8/2003 10:27:22 AM EDT
So I finally got my 660 Weaponlight (after weeks of waiting), assembled it, and started mounting it, when I noticed two of the screw holes for the barrel mount wouldn't accept the screws.

Turns out they forgot to put threads in two of the holes! Harrumph!

Waded through the phone system to get to Customer Service, and now I have the pleasure of shipping the mount back to them (at my expense! for their manufacturing goof! so they can "look at it"! and they tell me at least a week turnaround time!). Double harrumph!

At least the light works. Though, all I can do in the meantime is tweak the pressure pad on and off. Tweak tweak tweak. Tweakity tweak.

Word to the wise--if you're buying a SureFire weaponlight retail (I got mine internet), take out a magnifying glass and scrutinize that barrel mount first! Ratcheting up production for the military may be taking its toll (on more than just prices and availability).
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:31:10 AM EDT
Doh!@ Hate it when that happens. I've been called out to service a product my company makes where the customer claimed we had left off some holes. Basically impossible. Customer was right. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:49:08 PM EDT
Ughhh!........There is nothing worse than getting all pumped up over getting a new goody. Hearing the fedex or like truck come up your driveway. Yeehaaa! Then find out something isn't in working order directly out of the box. Buzz kill! I feel your pain! Tweakity tweak! thats depressing!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:42:49 AM EDT
Yep. From buzz to mope in 60 seconds flat. Oh, well. Let's see what SF's "World Class Customer Service" can come up with. Tweak blink. Tweak blink. Wheeeeee!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:27:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2003 12:27:59 AM EDT by AK_Mike]
Could be worse. After having shelled out more than 550 smackers for a SF L72 Laser setup, I just could not wait to try it out the day I got it! [snoopy][banana] I slammed that sucker on a lightbody I was already using, hit the pressure switch, and was rewarded by an small snap/click sound from the head. I forgot the battery polarity had to be reversed! [slap] DOH! I reversed the batteries and crossed my fingers. Tweak, tweakity-tweak? All I got was a dim dot that would fade out after a half a second. Tweak tweak tweak! Then nothing at all. [pissed] So I destroyed a new $550+ unit in the first 2 minutes I had it. Needless to say, I had to send it in, and it took almost two months before I got it back. A lot of tweaking, a lot of pissing and moaning! [>Q][>(]I have it here with me now, but I am not at home and don't have the light body to try it out on. [banghead] I can't even tweak, just stroke it lovingly until I return home. Stroke, stroke, stroke - hmmm [:I] Another slam - I haven't even gotten to use it and there is a used one for sale on the EE board, with mount, pressure switch, and mount, FOR ONLY $325!!! Sloppy seconds at half the price! Worth it (to a diehard SF fan) in this case.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:03:43 AM EDT
Yowch. That sucks. While I'm waiting around, at least I can be happy that I didn't go too far wrong price-wise. After sitting on the fence for quite a while, I finally ordered the unit from Sableco (since they had the lowest price around). And even shipping the part back to SF only set me back $1.80. So I'll just keep looking at the big picture. Yeah, that's it. The big picture. Ommmmm (while hovering several inches above the floor). Fortunately I'm not too deprived--I've got my Glock and SF D2, with which I have done low-light training. (As opposed to my AR, which I have not been able to do any low-light stuff with yet--but soon!).
Top Top