Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/17/2003 5:51:37 AM EDT
If I have a complete lower and a complete upper, do I need any tools to make this a complete firing rifle?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:01:16 AM EDT
Nope. If you have a completely built lower and a completely built (including bolt/carrier and chargine handle) upper, they just pin together. Neat, huh? BTW, the (stripped) lower is considered the firearm part. Uppers and lower parts kits can be purchased without going through a FFL. Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:31:37 AM EDT
Thanks for the answer. Another question, if I get a 9mm complete upper, what would I need to change with the rifle? Besides 9mm ammo and mags? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:38:48 AM EDT
Depends on the upper. Oly 9mm Uppers will work with a standard .223 lower if you get either the SOCOM magazine block (they sell it IIRC) or their magazines with the mag well adapter. Colt 9mm uppers are designed to work with the Colt magazine block (IIRC it is pinned in) and the Colt 9mm hammer. I'd suggest talking with the Colt guys as I don't know if a Colt type 9mm upper will work with the .223 hammer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:32:49 AM EDT
Welcome, UTPABRONCS [coffee]
Top Top