Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:01:33 AM EDT
I finally got all the details nailed down on the J&T kit and by the time they get it set up the way I want it (flat top, milled front sight, chrome-lined barrel, Tac brake), the price of the kit is around $635. Using the Armalite upper that I'm looking at (set up similarly - see my other post - I'm not too crazy about the looks of their brake, though) would run me $590 (includes lower parts kit and LE stock). I'm not including any shipping costs in my figures. Which is the best deal?

J&T kit: $635
Armalite upper, DPMS lower parts, RRA LE stock: $590

I know you guys have lots of opinions on what you prefer, so let me have 'em.

Thanks again for the help,
CR
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:10:53 AM EDT
If you can get an Armalite upper, DPMS parts kit and a RRA stock for less than the J&T kit then it's a no brainer...Armalite/DPMS/RRA is the way to go. I'm not knocking J&T at all but Armalite is top of the ladder in quality and I recently built a lower with a DPMS parts kit and it was possibly the nicest parts kit I've used so far.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:16:34 AM EDT
I don't really have an opinion on an ArmaLite upper versus J&T kit. I've built four J&T and they seem pretty good. My Armalites (except my AR180) seem pretty good too. But I can complicate things a bit. If you decide to go with the J&T kit, CS223 has put together limited[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=155574&w=searchPop]"group buys"[/url] and get it for you for 5% off list price plus free shipping. I got my four kits that way and everything went very smoothly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:33:01 PM EDT
Thanks for the input - I'm thinking I'll go with the Armalite then - also by going that route I can spread it out a little more - since I can buy the stock, parts kit, and upper separately (easier on the budget that way). CR
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:50:50 PM EDT
One more thing: since you are planning on purchasing the parts kit and stock separately you may want to consider buying a RRA parts kit. That way you could order it at the same time as the stock and possibly save on shipping. I know Pete @ Legal Transfers had a kick-butt deal on 6 position collapsible stocks a while back because I bought one.
Top Top