Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 9:46:06 PM EDT
Is it just me or does anyone else shy away from the one piece railed foreends because of FSB removal? I have the tools to do it and have installed FF tubes years ago. They were of the knurled, non-rail V-match variety and I have since sold the uppers. I was never too excited about banging the taper pins in and out; just doesn't seem like a good idea to break that seal at the FSB. How often do gas tubes need to be replaced? And every time you have to pull the FSB? Will this lead to eventual sealing problems around the FSB? Please enlighten me. I like the Larue tubes as they seem to be capable of repeat zero for optics (a concern for me), but I don't like the idea of not being able to pull the system off for inspection/maintenance without also pulling the FSB. Bring me up to speed!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The SIR's do not require the FSB to be removed, and they are one petfect alignment rail because they attach to the receiver, then the barrel nut.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top