Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 2:59:56 PM EDT
Getting a new Bushy varminter tack driver w/24" barrel. I am going to put a 3-9x Ziess on it for I am going to use it for cyote hunting, but I have a 4-20x target scope w/ fine crosshairs on it that I would like to use to shoot prairie dogs with out in Wyoming. Is there any good quick dissconnect scope mounts out there???
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They both 1" or 30mm tubes?  

LaRue makes a very good, but relatively pricey scope mount.  I say relatively because they are nearly $200, but worth it, from what I hear.  

RRA and Armalite both make one piece mounts that are relatively quick connect - thumbscrews.

ARMS #22 rings are another good choice, but this is two rings, but when mounted, the scope as a whole with the rings mounts and dismounts as a unit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the Larue SPR model. Quick detach with little to no loss of zero.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Captain Yellow Tide uses 3.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to look at just LaRue QD rings, not the whole mount set up. Works great on my SR-25/Shepherd Scope arrangement. Excellent return to zero.

One issue some have is with inadequate eye relief when using just rings instead of a forward-setting mount like the LaRue. I cured this problem with an A-2 stock.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

www.x-velocity.com/guns/yt1.jpg

www.x-velocity.com/guns/yt2.jpg

Man that's funny!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Those pics still make me laugh!!

Tim, your YHM bipod mount is on the way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW!!! I would need a wheel barrel to hual al that
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Did a search on LaRue and could not find it, do you have a link??
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
LaRue.   Hands down  G & R Tactical

I've had the Armalite, ARMS, ARMS #5, Millet, Leupold Mark IVs - the LaRue is far better than any
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Leupold QRW scope rings.  I use these on my shotgun when I have my slug barrel on it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LaRue.   Hands down  G & R Tactical

+1
heres how i do it though

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Leupold QRW scope rings.  I use these on my shotgun when I have my slug barrel on it.

I had these rings (Leupold QRW).  Sent them back.  They did not mate well with my Colt flattop rail, barely gripped the edges of the rails, made me "edgy".  I think some other guy a while back said they fit his fine?  I couldn't believe it.

you might get better informed responses in the optics forum.
those guys are NUTS about this stuff
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Dammit, eklikwhoa, that rifle looks like it's humping itself.  Pour some water on it!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
RRA Mounts

I have the RRA high rise mount and it is very stout and easy to remove. I have had the scope on and off a bunch of times and it always holds zero. It is a nice sturdy design. And the price isn't to bad.

Someone else mentioned this also...it is the one piece design. I like mine.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I use the ARMS #22 rings in the opposite role.  I have my Leupold LRM1 currently mounted on my MRP for accuracy testing.  But the scope originally came off of my SPR.  I'm only doing this until I figure out what optic I want to run on the MRP.

I like the ARMS 22's, but wouldn't hesitate to test the LaRue's.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#16]
LaRue Tactical
www.laruetactical.com
or
A.R.M.S. Inc.
www.armsmounts.com
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top