User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:17:57 AM EDT
What do you all think of Olympic 5.56?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The little Olympic ammo that I have shot has performed reasonably well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The Ammunition Review & Reference is tacked at the top of this board, if you take the time to look at it you will see that Olympic ammo has the poorest rating of all the ammo brands listed, when almost 52% of the people who have actually used it...say they won't buy it again...that's a pretty good indication of a ammo to avoid!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
id stay away from olympic altogether, ive shot their 3006 and it was very poor, so i dont trust anything they make
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Will not use Olympic (Greek) ammo again. Had too many pierced/ruptured primers when shooting .223  55g fmj.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard a lot of bad things about it, but if you want it, the Gander Mountains in PA, (at least the one in Harrisbug and Scranton) have it for $89 per thousand.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought  thousand rounds last December from Miwall.  I'm never ever going to buy Olympic again.  About 1 out of 10 rounds fails to fire on first primer strike.  The primers of the one that didn't go off are 1 to 2 thousandths too deep.  All of the primers were crimped, so I know they didn't move when struck.  Junk, pure junk.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't go there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't buy anything with Olympic in the name when you're in the AR realm!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What is the matter with my Olympic lower receiver??
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing.  But to some people if it doesn't say COLT or BUSHMASTER it must suck. If it works for you then who gives a crap what other people think.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing.  But to some people if it doesn't say COLT or BUSHMASTER it must suck. If it works for you then who gives a crap what other people think.

Amen brother!  If it's any consolation I do have a complete Colt upper and a Bushmaster upper with no barrel.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:44:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who knows?  Each one is a unique creation!  It's not about a loyalty to any other brand.  Rather, years of reading about OLY's junk as well as seeing some of their crap first hand has convinced me that they suck ass.  We mustn't highjack this thread with the long list of QA disasters from the idiots over at OLY however.  The point is Olympic Rifles and Ammo both are third rate crap!

Don't waste your money, Honey!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
To each there own. I've had  an SGW Olympic since 1984 and it has given me NO problems at all! As far as olympic ammo,the only time i've used any  I put 2,000 rds of there ss109 through a belt gun at Knob creek. That being said I would not buy any Olympic ammo. To many horror storys to spend my money on it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who knows?  Each one is a unique creation!  It's not about a loyalty to any other brand.  Rather, years of reading about OLY's junk as well as seeing some of their crap first hand has convinced me that they suck ass.  We mustn't highjack this thread with the long list of QA disasters from the idiots over at OLY however.  The point is Olympic Rifles and Ammo both are third rate crap!

Don't waste your money, Honey!

Thanks for the advice, Sweety!

j/k  I heard all the horror stories about Oly lowers, but I got such a deal on this one that I HAD to buy it.

Now about Olympic ammo.  I bought it because it was dirt cheap.  I haven't shot a great deal of the stuff, but the little I have shot functioned just fine for me, but I seem to have just gotten lucky.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
j/k  I heard all the horror stories about Oly lowers, but I got such a deal on this one that I HAD to buy it.

Dig it.  Not every Oly lower is a disaster.  But that's the problem.  You don't know what you have tell you put it together.  

Also, that low class Prick from Olympic that used to post here was unbearable.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top