Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/28/2003 10:53:58 AM EDT
Just finished tests with 55gr. and 62gr. (SS109) Olympic .223 ordered from Sportsman's Guide:
-fired several full 30rd. mags from Rock River and American Spirit pieces.
-experienced no misfires, malfeeds or other gremlins.
-Ammo was ordered/received about six months ago.
-I'm adding this stuff to the list of Olympic 9mm I've used successfully in sub-guns.
-Any other recent experience?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:25:06 PM EDT
I fired 1 box through my 11.5" CAR. Accuracy was good, the extractor kept ripping the rim off the case. About every third round had to be tapped out of the chamber. This may not be a problem with longer barrels. My shorty really chucks the empties, so I think the recoil impulse is fairly high.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:12:19 AM EDT
[cringe]Olympic[/cringe]! On a serious note I hope the newer ammo is better than the stuff made in the past. But based on the reports I don't think I will be buying any soon. Still, I hope your experience is better. Maybe someday this company will get their act together and people will start writing glowing reviews. -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:17:45 AM EDT
i purchased a case of the olympic 223 from sportsman guide and had nothng but problems--jams miss fires etc----called them and they are sending me a prepaid ups tag to return the ammo for credit or replacement---stay away from olympic!!! JIMBO
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:05:23 PM EDT
I see this ammo being complained about more than any other it seems like. Why are stores still selling this junk if it causes that many problems ? Doesn't seem like it's good for business....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:41:31 AM EDT
950 rounds with zero problems. I hear the problems are with the 62 grain. I use the 55 grain with zero problems.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:15:13 PM EDT
I had nothing but problems with the 55-gr Olympic crap and returned a partial case back to both the Sportsman's Guide and J&G. Thank the Lord that they knew of the problem and took them back for exchage/credit. The 9MM stuff works okay but the 5.56 mm ammo is not worth the risk or the hassel.
Top Top