Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2003 3:54:55 PM EDT
I purchased what I was told to be an Olympic Arms 20" upper assembly.  It is an Hbar postban A2 type but I can't find any markings on it that identify it's manufacturer.  How do I verify that I got what I paid for?  This is my first AR and I want to make sure I didn't get taken.

Please help!

M590 man
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the stampings on the barrel itself. The upper will not be marked, but the barrel will be. See http://www.olyarms.com/bblinfo.html on the Oly site for more detailed info.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
My Olympic upper was made by (and is marked) Anchor Harvey.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My Olympic upper was made by (and is marked) Anchor Harvey.

Cheers!
View Quote

CORRECTION: Your upper receiver FORGING was made by AH. The functional receiver was manufactured from that forging by Olympic Arms. BTW, Oly does their machine work in house, most others do not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top