Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:29:17 PM EST
Does anyone know anything about this? It looks like a shock-absorber tube, slides inside the receiver extension in place of the buffer spring. It's supposed to cushion the recoil and slow down the action (from roughly 620per/min to 450 in a full auto.. I think it was). I think it will also eliminating the "shuffle" feel/sound of the spring sliding back and forth inside the carbon mini-stock of a Carbon 15.

I sent for one but don't have it yet. Costs $125. I like to play around with the latest technology. This is part of my Carbon 15 97S project (Ace stock, flash hider, extended bolt release & charging handle, sling mounts, EoTech sight, & Harris bipod)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:19:20 AM EST
It was really made for full auto. It does make a noticeable difference in recoil and is much smoother than the standard buffer and spring. I use one with a 243WSSM upper and it reduces recoil quite a bit but whether it will be worth it in a 223, you will have to be the judge.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:47:42 AM EST
I have had much sucsess with them I use them alot in my custom AR`s and have had no failures. They realy change the feel of the rifle.also I have them in stock if you need them.
Red
919-414-3247
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:49:30 AM EST
They ever get around to making a carbine version?
-Steve
Top Top