Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 3:03:39 PM EDT
Does anybody have any comment on this buffer? I am toying with the idea of puting one in my "home brew" AR with a featherweight bbl. I would get the fixed one.

Do they really decrease the muzzle flip?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:03:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Him:
Does anybody have any comment on this buffer? I am toying with the idea of puting one in my "home brew" AR with a featherweight bbl. I would get the fixed one.

Do they really decrease the muzzle flip?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Cheers!

These will work ONLY with rifle length buffer tubes (per e-mails from Oly). No plans to create a carbine version. I have also heard that charging becomes very stiff with this buffer.

I'm currently running an MGI Reduced Rate Buffer (mechnical, not hydraulic). I love it. I did couple it with a 2x power spring as well. The downside is that they are heavy at just about 7oz (normal buffer is 4oz. I think). "twl" sells these (good guy).

The other option which I have no experience with, is an Endine hydraulic buffer.

I decided to go with the MGI as it was a super-low maintenence (i.e. none) option. No seals to break, etc. It's been working great in my 20" + carbine stock, and soon in my AR15.com SEBR (once broken in).
Top Top