Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 3:21:27 PM EST
Anyone have experience with the olympic arms AR plinker model? A friend of mine saw one for $550 and was thinking about getting it. I have never seen one and have no experience with oly rifles. Good, bad, ugly, fair? What do you think?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:05:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 5:06:26 PM EST by cadn24]
Here's a link of a previous post on the forum that addresses several points of the Plinker. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=146246 Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:33:28 AM EST
Thanks for the link. I read it and now things are as clear as mudd! Its the same everywhere.... everyone has had a good or bad experience and those are the extreems that we all boast about.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:48:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/8/2003 4:51:00 PM EST by cadn24]
I can't say from experience, just from what I read on here. From what I have read, the Plinker seems to be a decent cheap AR. Of course, you will always get a couple of anything that mess up or break in some manner. For a little better rifle, you could spend a little more and get a PCR7 with forged upper and lower. It just depends on your friends budget and intended purpose for the weapon. Clear as mud??? [:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:09:01 PM EST
(I sell them so take my advice for whatever that is worth) The Plinker is a low end price effective AR15. The Plinker and PCR-5 are different only in cast A1 upper and cast lower. Other than that, everything else is the same as the PCR-5, except price. You get a lifetime warranty, not a 1 year like some of the other "name" brands. I have converted a cast lower to full auto and it works fine.
Top Top