Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:09:30 AM EDT
Is it possible? I really want to get into a 9mm AR since I have like 4000 rounds of 9mm and only 1 9mm pistol.

From what I have read, since the Oly upper uses a stock hammer and internals, it makes more since to use an Oly upper. However I REALLY dont like the looks of the Oly lowers with the mag all pressed up agains the front of the well. I know its an aesthetic thing, but it bothers me.

Should I just scrap this idea nad just go with the Colt style?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:15:30 AM EDT
Did you look at ASA?
I use one of their uppers on a Bushy lower with no mods to the lower at all!
I am using the ASA mag block that looks just like the regular mag blocks with out the bolt hold open function. My mag are Uzi, 25 rounders, and one 50 rounder for the fun of it!
I will try to post picks soon!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:49:48 PM EDT
look into an oly upper using a sns mag block. the sns block will allow you to use the standard mag release (with modified sten mags) and it centers the mag better too, it looks more like the colt set up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 5:52:41 PM EDT by Lakemoor]
There are a couple of guys that did what you are planning.

I bought a 9mm RRA upper from ADCO. Bought OLY barrel (11.5 w/ 5.5 FS), bolt and delta ring and shipped it to SNS. Devin over there added the ejector and I bought his mag block plus he milled several sten mags. Just takes a little time to gather all the parts and some $$$.

I like my OLY hybrid.

Mine looks similiar to this other Oly hybrid looking Colt. They must be breeding
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=245141
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:03:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 6:05:38 PM EDT by SBR7_11]

Originally Posted By BlackDog714:
Is it possible? I really want to get into a 9mm AR since I have like 4000 rounds of 9mm and only 1 9mm pistol.

From what I have read, since the Oly upper uses a stock hammer and internals, it makes more since to use an Oly upper.

Colt pattern will run with a std AR-15 system, 1 small detail must be followed, the 2nd is recommended. #1 --> use a M16 style hammer, remove offending auto sear lug for semi-auto use, or just buy from DPMS as semi-auto hammer..... #2 --> recommend "ramping the Colt pattern 9mm bolt.

I use the mentioned hammer, and my bolt is ramped, and I use the std rifle buffer (I dis-like CAR stocks, tooo short and wobble).

However I REALLY dont like the looks of the Oly lowers with the mag all pressed up agains the front of the well. I know its an aesthetic thing, but it bothers me.

Should I just scrap this idea nad just go with the Colt style?

Top Top