Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:41:25 PM EDT
I have a oly 9mm upper A2 style. I really want a flattop. I compared my 5.56 upper to my 9mm upper and they look to be the same. the only difference i saw was the holes for the ejector on the 9mm. Can I just get a regular flatop and drill the hole in the right place for the ejector. or is the 9mm upper a whole different animal?

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:21:49 AM EDT
Have somebody or do it yourself the drilling of the hole and install ejector on new housing.

Machine shop with digital read-out on a mill could dial right up to same placement as the factory upper' hole.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:51 AM EDT
Or just buy a pistol cal flat top from Oly and swap the parts out yourself. If you ask real nice they'll probably sell you one!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:17 AM EDT
I am missing something here. What do you mean by ejector? I have an RRA 9mm flattop upper and the only difference (other than no forward assist or shell deflector) that I can see is the hole for the gas tube is missing. I have replaced the ejection port cover with one from a 5.56. I plan on having the gas tube hole drilled and using the upper for my next build.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:59 AM EDT
Oly has a wire ejector that is inside your upper.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:10:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BOBK48:
Oly has a wire ejector that is inside your upper.

Ah so, thank you very much. I learn something every day
Top Top