Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:32:16 PM EDT
First off here is setup
oly 9mm upper with c-more scout red dot and m3 light mounted in front of vertical grip socom mag block of course. Have it mounted on bushy upper I have had for 3 years.
So any way had 5 sten mags loaded only 1 kept jamming the other 4 ran great not one problem.
Examining mags the one that jamed the moon shaped notch in back of mag is not cut deep enough.
Here is were I get stumped every once in a while I would get a 3 shot burst? This never
happened with my .223 upper on this lower?
ever happen to any one.

ow well I am extremly happy with the performance.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2003 7:57:26 PM EDT by PAPPYO]
never had a problem with my Olympic 9mm upper double'n on any lower I've used. You might check and make sure your firing pin spring is in Bolt assembly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:09:23 PM EDT
My Oly upper has been doubling and tripling as well. The firing pin spring is in place but it may need to be replaced by a stronger spring. The firing pin hole in the bolt has been peened out into a raised ridge, and I scraped it down thinking it may help the problem. I know the disconnector works properly because the hammer never follows the trigger when manually cycling the action, or when a .223 upper is on it. I suspect it is slamfiring somehow. Check your bolt face for any raised protrusions that could activate the primer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:52:33 AM EDT
Well guys I went to the range today. The night before I flipped my firing pin spring around and put her back together. After this I shoot 5 mags and not one double or triple tap? Oh well we will see how it does next weekend.
Top Top