Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/20/2003 7:29:54 PM EDT
Do you need to change hammers, triggers, buffers, buffer springs or anything else on the lower when swapping to an Oly 45ACP upper?

I see they use modified Uzi mags for about $60/per.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:48:06 PM EDT
Swap the upper and run. Yes, mags are a bitch, but with a lot of Uzi fellas doing the M3 magwell on spare lowers for 45, mags are starting to come out of hidig, but they still want $50-65 per mag, and still need block attached to rear to work w/Oly 45 system. [b]Kinda sly bumping post up and then deleting your "bump post"... I read it this morning...[/b]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:55:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SBR7_11: [b]Kinda sly bumping post up and then deleting your "bump post"... I read it this morning...[/b]
View Quote
That's known as the "phantom bump"....[:o)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:43:21 AM EDT
Actually, early Oly's used the magazine block and had a screw attached and trimmed at right spot so the block would catch the magazine and hold it in. Works well on the 10mm that I have from years ago. SOCOM is now making the block that Oly used years ago. The 9mm block is almost exactly the same as the Oly one I have. In fact the magazine block would work on .40/10/.45.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:46:40 AM EDT
I've got a .45 OLY upper setup that works pretty well. I just don't have enough lowers. Been sitting in the safe for a while. IT uses modded UZI mags. Comes with 3 10 rnd and one 16 rnd modded STEN mag. You looking to pick one up? You helped me out in the past.... i could give you a good deal...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:53:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NAM: I've got a .45 OLY upper setup that works pretty well. I just don't have enough lowers. Been sitting in the safe for a while. IT uses modded UZI mags. Comes with 3 10 rnd and one 16 rnd modded STEN mag. You looking to pick one up? You helped me out in the past.... i could give you a good deal...
View Quote
Just tossing the idea around. Just traded for a 50AE upper so I may be set if the 50AE works out. I'll holler if I start looking in to a 45ACP upper. Thanks. [;)]
Top Top