Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:06:33 PM EDT
I recently came into a Tasco Propoint red dot that's here:
www.excaliburenterprises.com/scopes/tasco/tascodot.html
It's the black one at the bottom on the right w/Tasco Pro Point Plus written on it.

I've got the mount that it comes with, like the picture, but it's too low mounted directly on the flattop, the dot is in the center of the front sight housing.  I was thinking of getting a riser, like the RRA one listed on www.ar15sales.com, the RRA piece that's $32 on his site, but I don't know if it's going to be high enough.  Also, if anyone's got experience w/these, do I have any options for flip-up covers that would screw in place of the hard covers that came w/it?

Any suggestions on the riser?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?  Bueller?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one from WalMart on my VERY first AR, it didn’t hold zero and ended up in the trash. The reason you are not getting any responses is because not many people use these on AR’s anymore as an entry red dot optic. There are other more suitable optics out there at reasonable prices i.e. the SPOT from Grant.

Oh, and as far as covers go, Butler Creek has a large selection of covers, I had a set on my Tasco.  I don’t remember the size though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I didn't plan to put any optics on the weapon but I came into this scope recently and this is an area in which I have zero background.

Hey, maybe I'll put an Aimpoint, Elcan, or something real on the weapon but in the meantime I figured I'd try to have fun w/this to see if I'd like to use a Red Dot.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top